Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #1

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by, Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases we can't wait to get our hands on!

Title: Pink Smog
Author: Francesca Lia Block
Release Date: January 24th, 2012
Publisher: HarperTeen


No matter how much Louise Bat tries to change her name, no one will call her Weetzie. It's her dad's nickname for her, but it won't stay put. Unfortunately, neither will her dad. When he leaves, Louise discovers that Los Angeles is a city full of strange angels as she embarks on a journey to sift through the smog of her heartbreak, grow her own wings, and become Weetzie.


I loved Weetzie Bat from the moment I picked up Dangerous Angels, a bind up of the series.  Finally, we get a glimpse of Weetzie's life before she was Weetzie.  
Can't wait to read this one!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! This sounds interesting :)
    Thankyou for stopping by my blog! I am really excited for Treachery of Beautiful Things too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of Dangerous Angels, but from the sounds of this I should check it out!

    Thanks for stopping by :)
    Kelly @ Radiant Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this sounds original! I haven't heard of it before!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard about this series, but it sounds good :)

    http://brunettelibrarian.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. i used to read this author back in high school and her books are always so quirky. been a while but i might just pick up one of her books again.

    thanks for stopping by our WoW. :)

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, another Weetzie Bat book? I just finally read the first five, and just realized there's a sixth I didn't know existed...and now another one is coming out? So cool! Thanks for the tip, I'll be waiting on this one now, too!

    -Lucy

    ReplyDelete