Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Armchair BEA Day 2: Becoming a Better Blogger


I've been blogging for just over two years, but I still feel as though I have a lot to learn.  I've had so many great moments so far and I know that even more opportunities will come from this!

My greatest accomplishment, by far, has been attending my first author event as a live blogger for HarperCollins, which meant that I was able to interview Elizabeth Norris, Kiera Cass, Aprilynne Pike, and Amy Tintera.  I still feel like my blog is a lot smaller than it is, so I feel incredibly honored that the publisher asked me to do this.

As a blogger, I've come to realize that this hobby can feel like a full time job if you do it enough.  If you don't give yourself breaks every so often, you will burn yourself out.  Reading is something we all love, and that's why we like to share our thoughts through reviews, discussion posts, and weekly memes.  Not only does reading take up quite a bit of time, but having a constant flow of content can prove to be challenging.  One thing that helps many people is to schedule ahead of time (which I still have yet to master).  Another thing I want to stress is to share your own opinion, no matter what it is.  

So maybe you have all of these things down, but your pageviews aren't growing... A great way to get your blog out there is to socialize!  There are SO many great blogs (a few of my favorites, too!) that I've come across just by visiting their pages after they left a comment on one of my posts. Introduce yourself to people, make things a little more personal (imagine talking to a friend...but don't get too personal!), be yourself!  I love getting to know my blogger friends more, and that connection between people from all over the world is one of my absolute favorite things about blogging.

Always, always be open to learning new things!

Thanks for stopping by my post today!  If you're participating in Armchair BEA, let me know so I can check out your posts this week!

3 comments:

  1. I don't read as much YA as I used to, so I don't always get to visit YA readers' blogs. I love Armchair BEA and other big bloggging events for the social connections, finding new bloggers, and meeting up with ones I've lost touch with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I have a similar approach. Scheduling really does make things run more smoothly. Congrats on your first event! Tattooed Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scheduling things really helps. It also keeps me on track for reading ARCs. So cool that you got to interview those authors.
    AH@Badass Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete