Monday, July 1, 2013

June Wrap-Up and July TBR

I'm so ashamed by the lack of books I've read lately!  For some reason, in May I was hit hard with a reading slump that I wasn't able to shake until the end of June.  I even had to lower my reading goal from 115 to 80 (and now Goodreads tells me that I'm right on track).  Since it's the beginning of a new month, I'm going to do everything I can in order to catch up.

The books I managed to read in June:
-Golden by Jessi Kirby
-How My Summer Went Up in Flames by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski

I've been a bad, bad blogger.  I only reviewed one book last month and as it turns out, not even one of the two books I read were books I've gotten for review!

The books I started in June but have yet to finish:
-Ink by Amanda Sun
-Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard
-The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

As you can see from my past two monthly wrap-ups, I've gotten into this horrible habit of starting books and not finishing them.  It's not that I don't want to, it's just that I keep getting distracted.  I will be starting this month by finishing Ink, at least.

The books I will definitely try to read in July (for review):



Hopefully I'll be able to get to at least two of these review books, if not all!  Maybe then I'd be able to try catching up on the review books that I've skipped over these past few months...if only I had infinite time (or at least a summer vacation!)

Though most of my posts in June were my weekly WoW and IMM posts, I also took some time to explain what was going on with me and why the blog hasn't been very active.

My birthday was also in June and I held a few giveaways to celebrate!  You can win a signed copy of The Rules by Stacey Kade (US/CAN- Ends July 17th) or enter to win a book of your choice or box of books (INT- Ends July 6th)

Finally, I just wanted to say thank you for sticking with me throughout my reading slump!  I'm sure you all know how awful it feels not being able to read/having the motivation to when reading is a large part of your life!  Hopefully July will be better!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you come out of your reading slump =). I find myself doing the same thing, picking up books and then getting distracted by other pretty books. Wanderlove and TFIOS are two awesome books that are some of my favourites, I hope you continue reading them =).

    ReplyDelete
  2. really excited for OCD Love Story! and you already know I loved Truly, Madly, Deadly! ooh and happy belated birthday!!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete