Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #96

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases we can't wait to get our hands on! 

Title: Madly
Author: Amy Alward
Release Date: September 29th, 2015
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

When the Princess of Nova accidentally poisons herself with a love potion meant for her crush, she falls crown-over-heels in love with her own reflection. Oops. A nationwide hunt is called to find the cure, with competitors travelling the world for the rarest ingredients, deep in magical forests and frozen tundras, facing death at every turn. 

Enter Samantha Kemi - an ordinary girl with an extraordinary talent. Sam's family were once the most respected alchemists in the kingdom, but they've fallen on hard times, and winning the hunt would save their reputation. But can Sam really compete with the dazzling powers of the ZoroAster megapharma company? Just how close is Sam willing to get to Zain Aster, her dashing former classmate and enemy, in the meantime? 

And just to add to the pressure, this quest is ALL OVER social media. And the world news. 

No big deal, then.

I was interested as soon as I read the first sentence of the summary.  A girl who falls in love with her own reflection by mistake?  Madly sounds like it'll be pretty funny and different from some of the books I normally like to read.

What awesome title are you waiting for this Wednesday?

7 comments:

  1. Oh, great pick! I revealed the cover for this, and I really like the sound of the book. Amy is such a sweetheart, too! Great pick :)

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very excited for this one, too! I featured the UK cover for a recent WoW...I love them both but I like the UK one just a bit better! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this sounds fun! I hope you get it soon!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty cover! I need to add this to my TBR list, I just can't miss out on this one :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a fun read. The cover definitely grab my attention, then after reading the blurb, putting it on my ever growing wish list.

    Grace @ Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Choice. I haven't heard of this one before but it sounds like a fun read. Adding to my TBR Thanks for sharing Happy readingMy WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I assumed this was fantasy until I saw the bit about social media. Interesting, indeed!

    ReplyDelete